Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) tightens the abdominal muscles and corrects abdominal muscle separation. Tummy tuck can also remove extra skin and fat from the abdomen, leaving a firmer, flatter stomach and a more attractive waistline.
It is highly recommended to women, who after giving birth, want to get rid of the loose skin and fat due to weight gain during pregnancy. Dr. Alonzo explains that during pregnancy, the skin and muscles of the anterior abdominal wall can be stretched, which results to loose skin and fat after the woman gives birth. Childbirth usually causes a weakening and separation of the abdominal muscles.
Men who lose significant amount of weight or want to treat their large stomach can also take advantage of the benefits of tummy tuck. When the abdominal muscles separate, it is not possible to have a flat stomach, no matter how rigid your exercise and work out are. 70% of my male patients ranging from 25 to 40 years old had this procedure done. We get rid of the extra, loose, sagging skin that accumulated after losing excessive amounts of weight. It is also done to some as follow-up treatment to their liposuction procedures.
- Tummy Tuck is suitable to persons with normal weight and is not intended as a weight reduction technique.
- Candidates should be in good general health and free of heart or lung disease, diabetes, among others.
- In your initial consultation, Dr. Alonzo will conduct a physical examination and will order blood work to determine clotting time, etc.
- You will be given antibiotics prior to surgery to ward off potential infection.
- He may also suggest liposuction if you are carrying a large amount of excess fat in the target area.
The Abdominoplasty surgery:
- The operation normally takes 3 hours or more, and is done under general anesthesia, and will require a 1 to 2 night stay in the hospital.
- In most cases, any selected area of fat will be sucked from the abdomen first.
- The doctor then applies several layers of muscle tightening sutures to tighten the abdominal muscles. Then a horizontal incision is made carefully along the lower abdomen beneath the bikini line.
- After that, the skin and fat are lifted from the muscle and placed higher to leave a tighter and firmer appearance.
- Lastly, the belly button is re-sited so that it effectively ends up in its “correct” original position.
What can I expect after Tummy tuck?
- Immediately after the surgery, you will notice that your stomach is tighter and firmer. Dr. Alonzo will visit you the next day after your surgery.
- Expect pain and discomfort for several days. The patients usually experience an aching and pulling sensation for one to two weeks, and occasional twinge for some months. Painkillers and anti-inflammatory medications will be prescribed to you.
- There will be swelling and bruising for several months, but as it subsides, you can see the full results of the operation. Sutures will be removed about a week after abdominoplasty.
- You can return to work within a few weeks and may exercise four or five weeks after the surgery.
- Dr. Alonzo has performed hundreds of tummy tuck cases, with 99% success rate. The success and quality of the result is based on the surgeon’s foresight and technique, which, he says, applies to all surgical procedures.
- Pre- operative laboratory works is required for this procedure. Laboratory test needed includes: Clotting time bleeding time, Chest X-ray, CBC w/ platelet count, FBS and ECG.
- Medical clearance from cardiologist is also required.
*TUMMY TUCK PHILIPPINES* * ABDOMINOPLASTY PHILIPPINES*