Nipple Reduction/ Areola Reduction’s primary goal is to make the size of your nipples or areola proportional to your breast size, to achieve aesthetic balance.
The size of your nipples and areola is dependent on your genes. However certain factors like stretching of the tissue due to weight gain, breast implants, pregnancy and breastfeeding can also result to increase in areola size. Medically and aesthetically speaking, your nipples should be at the center of your breast and should complement your breast size. So for a balanced look, if you have small breasts, your nipples should be small too. The same thing goes for the areola.
The Nipple Reduction surgery:
- For Nipple reduction, small incision is made on the nipple itself; the size can be reduced either from the end or by removing a section of outer skin from the base of the nipple.
- For Areola repair, small incision is made around the perimeter of the areola.
- Both of these surgeries are done in the clinic, as an outpatient procedure, under local anesthesia, and only take about an hour to complete.
Post surgery and recovery:
- Tenderness, swelling and some minor discomfort and pain will be experienced, but these can be relieved by medications prescribed by Dr. Alonzo.
- It only involves small incision so recovery time is quick. In fact, you can go back to work the next day following your surgery, or after a day of rest, but avoid strenuous activities for a week or two.
- Final result is permanent and can be seen after two weeks.
- Risks associated with nipple and/or areola reduction are minimal. It may include change or loss of sensation, infection, irregular shape (for areola), and scarring.
- To achieve optimal results, Nipple and/or Areola reduction can be done alone or in conjunction with breast augmentation, breast lift, or breast reduction.
*NIPPLE REDUCTION PHILIPPINES* * AREOLA REDUCTION PHILIPPINES*