Despite the advent of thick, plump, luscious lips, some people find thin lips more appealing and attractive. Aesthetically speaking, the lips, like our eyes, nose, ears, chin and even jaw should complement with each other to balance our facial features. Your thick lips may not look good on you. The solution: Lip Reduction.
Lip Reduction is a cosmetic procedure that reduces big, over size lips to enhance the appearance of the lips, to create a more desirable appearance.
During consultation and instructions:
- Dr.Alonzo will evaluate your physical and medical condition, and check for allergies and medications you are taking.
- Quit smoking one month before the surgery and also one month after the surgery, to ensure better result and speedy recovery, with no complications.
- As an outpatient procedure, Lip Reduction is performed under local anesthesia with or without sedation.
- A small unnoticeable incision will be made in the upper and lower lips to make it look smaller and thinner.
- It only takes 1 to ½ hours to finish the procedure. You can go home after a few hours of rest in the clinic.
Post surgery recovery:
- After the surgery, your lips will be swollen and painful. Because of that, you will not be able to eat solid food. We will advise you to eat soft and/or liquid food until you feel better.
- Take painkiller and anti-inflammatory medications for 7 days. Swelling will subside in a few weeks.
- Recovery period varies individually. Some patients go back to work 2-3 days after the surgery. Others return to work the next day after the surgery.
- Result of the surgery is permanent with a healing period of 1 to 2 weeks.
*LIP REDUCTION PHILIPPINES* *LIP ENHANCEMENT PHILIPPINES*