For ethnic, cultural, religious, as well as personal reasons, many women resort to Hymenoplasty to restore their so-called virginity. It is a surgical procedure that restores the anatomy of a woman’s hymen in its original physical state. It is designed primarily to improve one’s boring sex life. If you are a woman who is about to get married, you can have this done as a surprise gift to your future husband on your wedding night.
The hymen is a ring-like skin membrane that sits in the lower third of the vagina. Most often there is a 5 or 6 pointed star opening in the hymen after maturity. With the first intercourse or by some accident, several areas tear in the hymen. Most often there is bleeding at the time of the tearing. But it can also be ruptured by non-sexual activity like sports and athletics and dancing.
The Hymenoplasty Surgery:
- Prior to your surgery, your physical and health condition will be evaluated. Dr. Alonzo will discuss the procedure and give instructions on how to prepare for the surgery.
- Hymenoplasty is performed under local anesthetic with or without sedation, as an outpatient procedure. Length of the procedure lasts about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- If you are a smoker, stop smoking a day or days before the surgery, as smoking can impede proper blood circulation and slow down healing process.
- Dissolvable stitches will be used to reconnect the skin membrane that once partially covered the opening of the vagina. The edges are stitched back together to reform the star-shaped “ring” as it was prior to first sexual contact.
- Tissue dissection will be applied to prevent small blood vessels from bleeding. The opening is made small enough so that when the first sexual intercourse occur later on, it will “tear” again, then there will be some pain and bleeding like it was during your “first time”.
Post Surgery Recovery:
- You can go home immediately after the surgery. Resumption of normal activity is immediate.
- Expect soreness and swelling in the operated areas but it will subside gradually within the next few weeks. Medications for 7 days will be prescribed to you. Recovery time usually takes about 6 weeks.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and activities, especially sex, for a few weeks until the operated area has fully healed.
- Subsequent sex will tear the membrane causing extreme pain and possibly blood loss.
- Be sure to follow the doctor’s instructions for speedy and healthy recovery.
*HYMENOPLASTY PHILIPPINES* *HYMEN REPAIR PHILIPPINES*