A well-defined chin connotes aesthetic balance and stronger facial profile both for men and women. A weak chin can make the neck appear loose or make the nose appear bigger.
Chin Augmentation or Mentoplasty is a surgical procedure that can give you a strong chin that you always wanted. With the use of an implant (made of silicon material), this technique can enlarge and improve the contour of any undersized, weak or receding chin, as well as correct big chin.
- Chin augmentation involves insertion of an implant under the chin. Dr. Alonzo applies small incision, so once the treated area is completely healed, scar will not be visible.
- The surgery is done in the clinic’s operating room on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia, and usually takes around 1 to 1 ½ hours to finish.
- You will wear a facial garment or bandage for at least five days.
- You will go back to the clinic on the third day for the removal of bandages then on the 7th and 10th day for the removal of stitches.
Post surgery recovery:
- You may experience feeling of soreness and discomfort but these can be alleviated with the medications prescribed by Dr. Alonzo. You need soft diet for a couple of days.
- Expect swelling and bruising, but these will disappear within 1 to 2 weeks. You may experience feeling of numbness on the operated area but it will go away within one to three months.
- You can go back to work after a few days of restbut avoid any strenuous activities like sports and exercise that can injure your face.
- Within a period of three weeks, you will notice that your chin is already improving. You can see the final result after a month.
- After about a month, you will notice that your face shape has improved, and the implants feel more natural. It will continue to improve as your healing progresses.
- You can combine chin augmentation with facelift, browlift, eyelid surgery, cheek augmentation, botox and noseliftfor maximum results.
*CHIN AUGMENTATION PHILIPPINES*