High cheekbones are commonly associated with young, smiling faces. Flat cheeks on the other hand may connote an old, depressed appearance. Cheek Augmentation can correct that problem.
Cheek augmentation is an aesthetic surgical procedure that helps correct depressed bone structure of the cheek by inserting implant or fat grafting to improve and increase projection of the cheekbones. It can produce fullness similar to smiling, glamorizing the face for women, while strengthening “the look” for men.
- To improve and increase projection of the cheekbones, implants are usually placed over the area of the cheek. It is inserted through a small incision inside the mouth to avoid visible scars.
- There are wide variety of shapes and sizes to choose from. Choice of implant, size and shape will be discussed with you during your consultation with Dr. Alonzo.
- The operation usually takes around an hour and is performed as an outpatient procedure under local anesthesia.
Post surgery recovery:
- Your face will be swollen so it will be difficult for you to eat and speak. Eat soft or liquid foods until you feel better.
- Anti-inflammatory and pain medications which should be taken for 7 days will be prescribed.
- You may experience feeling of numbness on the operated areas for a few days or weeks. Swelling and bruising will heal within 1 to 2 weeks.
- You can go back to work after a few days of rest, but avoid any strenuous activities like sports and exercise that can injure your face.
- After about a month, you will notice that your face shape has improved, and the implants feel more natural. It will continue to improve as your healing progresses.
*CHEEK AUGMENTATION PHILIPPINES*