Browlift or forehead lift is a cosmetic procedure most often performed among men and women aged 40s to 60s. It aims to correct drooping or sagging eyebrows and improve deep forehead creases andfrown lines that can make a person look angry, sad, or tired. After the surgery, you will look refreshed, friendlier and youthful, and have a better vision.Although it can change how you look without doing eyelid surgery, best results is obtained if it is done simultaneously.
Moreover, younger adults between 25 to 35 are having premature deep frown lines due to stress and over-activity of the muscles. Young adults who have low forehead (acquired genetically) can also benefit from browlift.
During the consultation:
- Dr.Alonzo will evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors, the likely outcomes of the procedure, risks and complications, the type of anesthesia that will be used, and all aspects of the surgery from preparation to post-operative care, follow up and recovery.
- You will be advised to take certain medications or adjust your current medications.
- Stop smoking few days before the surgery, as smoking can increase bleeding.
- You will be asked to avoid taking aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Special instructions on what to do the night before the surgery will be given.
The brow lift surgery:
- This procedure takes about one and two hours and is done in the clinics surgical area. It is performed under local or general anesthesia on an outpatient basis or with hospital stay.
- During this procedure, removing the muscle that causes them can also soften the frown lines.
Post surgery recovery:
- You may experience swelling, bruising, numbness, and some temporary discomfort like headaches around the incision swelling, bruising, numbness, but these will be easily controlled by medications prescribed by Dr. Alonzo.
- Keep your head elevated for two to three days after surgery to help reduce swelling. Bruising of the brow will disappear gradually in few days or weeks.
- You are required to visit the clinic for the removal of your bandage after two days, stitches will be removed after 7 days.
- You can resume work within 7 to 10 days but avoid doing strenuous activities (e.g. contact sports and exercises) that may injure your head or the operated area.
- As the nerves start to heal, numbness on top of your scalp will be replaced by itching. You will feel this sensation for 5 to 6 months before it fully disappears. You will notice that some of your hair may be a bit thinner but this is just temporary.
- Some of your hair around the incision may fall out but it will grow within a few weeks or months.
- Final results can be seen after a month, it will continue to improve as the recovery and healing progresses. You will notice that your skin is smoother; your skin feels tighter and totally rejuvenated.
Brow Lift can be done in conjunction with other facial procedures such as facelift, eyelid surgery, fat transfer, botox, or chemical peels to achieve optimal results.