Some women are born with small and/or flat breasts that direly affect her well-being, as a result giving her poor body image and low self-esteem. If you are dissatisfied with your breast size and you desire for fuller breasts you can undergo BREAST AUGMENTATION SURGERY. This cosmetic procedure uses implant to enlarge the breasts, adding fullness and increasing size. This procedure also benefits women who lose breast volume after weight reduction or pregnancy.
Dr. Alonzo said that some women especially in the entertainment industry undergo this procedure to enhance their figure. “Most of my patients who are in the showbiz says that they get more projects ranging from TV, film, product endorsements to magazine pictorials or covers, after their breast augmentation.” But he is quick to add that breast augmentation is for everyone who wants to look and feel good, and improve the quality of their lives.
The Breast Augmentation surgery:
- Breast Augmentation or Mammoplasty involves making a single incision in the armpit or in the crease below the breast or around the lower edge of the areola, and then inserting a saline-filled or silicone-gel filled implant either between the breast and the chest muscle or behind the chest muscle.
- The choice of implant and location of incision will be discussed to you in detail during your initial consultation with Dr. Alonzo.
- He may take photographs for your medical record, examine your breasts and take detailed measurements of the size, shape, skin quality and placement of nipples
- He will also discuss the likely outcomes, risks or complications, results of any mammograms or previous biopsies.
- Safety and success of your surgery may also depend on your complete openness during the consultation so feel free to ask questions.
During the Breast Augmentation surgery:
- Dr. Alonzo always performs this kind of surgery at the hospital, under general anesthesia and it lasts for 2-3 hours. Hospitalization is about 1 day & 1 night, during which antibiotics and pain relievers are given to the patient. Placement behind the muscle may be more painful for a few days than placement directly under the breast tissue. You are likely to feel some discomfort for 24 to 48 hours following the surgery, but it can be treated with the prescribed medication.
Post surgery and recovery:
- The stitches are removed 7 to 10 days after the surgery. During the next 2-3 months, you must wear a surgical bra that should perfectly suit your new breast shape and size.
- Some swelling, bruising, pain and discomfort will be experienced for 1 to 2 weeks. You can resume work after a week and do non-strenuous activities about 2 to 4 weeks after the surgery.
- Do not to stretch your arms for about a week. You will also be taught how to massage the operated area.
- Final results will be seen after 3 to 4 weeks.
- Pre- operative laboratory works is required for this procedure. Laboratory test needed includes; Clotting time bleeding time, Chest X-ray, CBC w/ platelet count, FBS and ECG.
- Medical clearance from cardiologist is also required.
*BREAST AUGMENTATION PHILIPPINES* *BUSTLIFT PHILIPPINES*